Monday, March 22, 2010

Can we say Pin Cushion?

It's been a while and a lot has happened. A week and a half ago, I had a sonogram done to make sure I didn't have any cysts on my ovaries before I started the Lupron. Sonogram looked great and I got the green light from Leanne (ivf doctor's nurse) to go ahead and start my Lupron shots. Saturday morning bright and early, we had the car packed down ready for Disney. One last check of the house and wait... I need to take my shot. Giving yourself a shot is very weird to say the least. I knew it wouldn't hurt, but my brain wouldn't let my hand put the shot into my stomach. It took a few minutes and it was done. That wasn't so bad. So, I have been giving my self shots for 10 days now and it is going great. The kids are now giving me my shots (with assistance of course.) The best part is... No side effects so far! YAY for me! This morning I had another sonogram done so that I can start my next set of meds. Estradoil...sp? I am to continue with the shots, just a lower dose. Lets see how that goes. All in all everything is going great. Just feeling a little like a pin cushion! PS. Disney was a BLAST!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa, glad everything is going good. How long were you at Disney? I bet it was great but expensive. Call me or shot me an e-mail sometime.

    ReplyDelete